The best way to prevent falls is to take proactive steps to stay safe.
Here are some tips to help reduce the risk of falls.
- Exercise regularly to improve balance, strength, and coordination.
- Wear proper shoes, avoiding ones with slippery soles.
- Make sure your home is easy to navigate by having clear pathways, removing tripping hazards and improving lighting.
- Avoid sitting or standing for too long. Take frequent breaks and change positions.
- Use a cane or walker if needed for balance.
- Have grab bars, railings, and nonslip mats in places like bathrooms, stairs, doorways, or kitchen.